Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Week at a Glance

This past week has been rather enjoyable for me. A week ago, my brother celebrated his birthday :) He had a party, and I made a cake. His favourite kind of cake is Black Forest Cake, so I agreed to make one. I had never made a Black Forest Cake before. Do you think that I made a trial cake before the party? Nope. I sure didn't. I still think it turned out okay. What do you think?



This was my first time ever piping on a cake with a star tip. I was fairly happy :)

I also went for a walk in the beautiful Brandon Hills with my 2 roommates. It's about a 10 minute drive out of Brandon, and the scenery is just amazing. The fresh country air was wonderfully refreshing, too. Here are some photos that I took.









So, that's how my week went. I hope that yours was just as enjoyable :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake looks absolutely amazing. I think that you should go into the cake making business. Also, love the Brandon Hills pictures. T'was a fun evening.

Michelle said...

That cake looks awesome. And you DIDN'T do a trial cake?!?! Where's my Lori?!?! Lol. Just kidding. I also love the Brandon Hills pictures. Where is that?
P.S. You're behind in your blogs. :)