Sunday, April 3, 2011

Winner :)

I won.

Oh, you thought I meant with Roll Up the Rim, didn't you?? ;) Well, I actually have won twice during that wonderful contest (1 coffee, and 1 donut), but I am actually referring to something else.

A few months ago, my family and I went to Del Rios Family Restaurant. It is a Mexican-Mennonite-Canadian restaurant in Winkler, MB. The food is really quite delicious. Anyways, our server gave us little cards to fill out, rating the service, food, etc. that we had received. On these cards, it mentioned that there was a prize that could be won for filling out the short survey. The prize? A $50 gift certificate for Del Rios. I like entering contests, so I filled out about 3 of these surveys. It was at this point that my family told me to stop filling them out. I decided to listen to them, and dropped my 3 surveys in the drop box.

This week, when I was checking my email, I saw that there was a message in my Junk Folder. I decided to see what it was. I opened up the folder, and saw that it was a message from someone named Abe Fehr, and it had an attachment. I was a little sceptical, but then I looked at the message line, and it read: "You have WON with Del Rio's Restaurant! Please open for details". (Now just let me clarify, I do realize that here "Rio's" is spelled with an apostrophe. I did double check, and really there should not be an apostrophe. I do believe it is a mistake. Moving on...) I knew that a title like that could not be made up, so I decided to open the email. I was quite pleased to read that from filling out that survey, I had won a prize! I did not win the grand prize of $50 at Del Rios, but I won a runner up prize of a free dessert! I'm really very happy about this :) All I have to do is print out the email, and give it to the server the next time that I'm at Del Rios! YUM :) Let me tell you, that email sure made my week!

Just an update to the countdown: 11 days until my last exam :)

No comments: