Tuesday was my second day of clinical. To say the least, it was a learning curve! We started out with bed baths. It's one thing doing it on a manikin, and another doing it on an actual person! Even though I was painfully slow, the patient was very understanding and not upset at all.
First bed bath? Check!
After I gave the bed bath (with the help of my wonderful partner who has been a health care aide, and guided me through the process:)...) my IA said that she wanted someone to help her give a different patient a shower. Since my partner has done that (because she's been a HCA) she said that I should go do it. So, I went with my IA and this patient to the shower room. My IA then proceeded to say, "Okay, so I'll get you set up and then I'll be back in a little while." Whoa! So, I then gave a shower. Just a note - we did NOT practice that in lab...that was a learning experience!
First shower given? Check!
Today I baked an apple pie. Yes, I finally did it! I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not exactly sure how it tastes, but I'm thinking it should be okay. I might have put a tad much sugar in, but I guess we'll find out. Better sweet than sour, right? It didn't even boil over on to my other pan, so I am quite happy about that! Even though I haven't tried it, I am bringing it to my friend's house for supper, and we WILL enjoy it:)
First apple pie made? Check!
Thanks you to all of you who kindly left a comment after my last post. I liked that. And it kept me smiling all week! Hope that this week has been good for all of you. Wanna keep me smiling some more?
Comments kept me smiling all week? Check!
3 comments:
Haha... that's how they spell "cheque" here, so I totally thought you got a surprise of money. Oh well. Guess this was good too? :)
Great job on the pie! I made mine on Tuesday :-)
Hey Lor,
Never too much sugar! Lol. And great job on your "assignments" in the hospital! Wow. Talk about hands-on right away!
Post a Comment