Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Fell Into a Trap

Well, only kind of. I didn't completely fall into the trap. I more or less challenged it. Let me explain. I believed Julie. Julie Van Rosendaal. If you don't know who she is, that's okay. I have a cookbook that is authored by her. I also had a lemon in my fridge. I used to have two, but one went bad, so I thought that maybe I should use up this lemon before it went bad too. I started looking at different recipes, ones for lemon buns, things like that. All the recipes that I looked at only used the lemon zest. Now maybe that's good, but I wanted to make use of the entire lemon, not just the zest. So I kept looking. I started looking in my cookbook by Julie. I came across a recipe called "Classic Lemon Bars." I looked through it and it pretty much looked great; it used only ingredients that I have in my limited cupboard, it used an entire lemon, and the caption below it read this: "These sweet and tangy bars are so delicious they rival chocolate!" I was a little skeptical at that statement, but I thought, "Rival chocolate? I've gotta try these!!!" So I made them. They smelled really good, and although the recipe said to wait until they were completely cooled, I had to try these delicious bars. I cut myself a piece, and it was okay. Definitely does NOT rival chocolate, but it's okay. I still like them. In fact, I think it's ironic how I'm not crazy about them, yet I keep finding myself wanting another piece. What's up with that? They are a little on the sweet side for me, but that's okay. I still eat them:) Anyways, that's my story about the trap that I fell into. So I kind of fell. But not completely. Maybe I just tripped over the trap. I am definitely over it now! I took some pictures of these bars, so I'm sorry that you can't taste them, but I hope you enjoy looking at them:)




Not quite as good as chocolate, but it'll do:)



2 comments:

Heather said...

1. You make me laugh
2. I like your second picture

Cheryl said...

Great story! You make me laugh too!