Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Beautiful Day

It is February, and it was gorgeous today! I realize that I am a few days late with this statement, but I am excited nonetheless. I find that January often goes by so slowly. I am usually quite happy when January is over. Maybe it's because February often feels short, and then comes March, and that means spring! Winter is my least favourite season, so when spring is on the way, I get excited :)

I am in the midst of a course right now, and I have very mixed feelings about it. I guess, actually, I'm not really in the midst of it right now. Well...our final exam for it is on Monday evening. It was an intense 4 week course, and it's ending Monday night. The material that this course covered was heavy. A lot of it didn't make sense to me when we first started, and I struggled with understanding a lot of it. I am happy that I will have this course behind me. On the other hand, this course has the best teacher ever. Seriously. I love our instructor, and so I am incredibly sad that we are done this course because it means that we are done having her as a teacher. She will not teach us any more courses. Today, as I was sitting in my apartment attempting to study, I was thinking about that, and it kind of hit home that I am getting very close to being done. As excited as I am for that, it scares me! Being a student means that I don't have to understand everything that is going on. I don't have to call the scary doctors all of the time, and I don't have to know the answers to people's questions right when they ask them. In about a year and a half, I won't be a student anymore. Yikes.

In 15 days, I get to start Reading Week. Yay! I am excited for some time off, and I am also quite excited to meet my niece for the very first time :) I have decided that she will love me. My sister, brother-in-law, and niece are coming out to see us and I am so, so excited! I think it will be an absolutely wonderful week!

Back to the books I go! Time to learn more about spinal cord injuries, head injuries, orthopedic injuries, burns........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! You will be an AMAZING nurse. You already are :) Have a wonderful time with your family and especially snuggling that new little niece of yours!