Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sigh...

It snowed. I didn't want it to snow. I wanted it to stay lovely until December 20th. After that day, I do not have to worry about roads (for driving to and from Brandon) until I go back to school - and I personally think the snow should be gone by then.
As much as I dislike snow, and winter in general, I am appreciating it more this year than I usually do, and I think this is because it waited so long to come. Honestly, I kind of am enjoying this snow a little. But don't tell too many people. I wouldn't want word to get around that I might be enjoying winter. Really though, when I look outside (and it's not too windy) I can't help but smile because the snow is so pretty and sparkly. I like that. The other day I was brushing snow off of my car, and snow blew in my face. That made me smile. I liked that too. I almost giggled. Weird. Just thinking about the snow, and it flying in my face makes me smile a little right now. The thing that I think is making this winter so much more enjoyable is the fact that I have mukluks. And I love them. Love. They keep my feet and legs so roasty toasty, I don't even have to worry about getting cold. I need mukluks for my hands. They get cold.
It is exam time. Well, almost. Classes officially end on Wednesday, the 9th. Then I have 5 exams, an I am home free! I am very much looking forward to having two weeks during which I will not think about school - well at least not too much ;) I will, though, spend time with people that I like, and eat lots of really yummy food:)
I have figured out from some of my past postings that if I want people to comment, I need to have a poll. I like comments, so here's the poll. Actually, it's not really a poll. It's a question. Do you like the snow? Do you like that it's here, or did you want it to stay away a little longer. And also, because I really like comments, if you have time, tell me why you like the snow. Explain. (Sorry, that's probably really not nice of me. I hated it when teachers always put the 'Explain' part on questions in tests. It made the questions so much harder! Don't worry...I'm not grading you!)
Happy Winter, Everyone. Also, Happy 20 days 'till Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Do I count? We got snow on Friday.)
I don't like snow. (I think I'm the only foreigner here who isn't excited to see it on the ground.) Snow makes it feel colder outside. It means roads get icy. Or messy (once it starts to melt). I need to live in a place where snow is not so normal.
But just think - you could have been enjoying all those winters if you'd had mukluks before! Maybe I'd like winter if I had a pair.

sheila said...

I don't mind the snow, and I'm sure a toasty pair of mukluks might make it that more enjoyable, and seeing as I'm in the market for a new pair of boots this year I might just have to go that route!
I love snowmobiling, although we don't have one this year, but we have a new quad and that's fun in the snow too!
Change of subject here - were you wanting to play with us on the
20th?

If so we are having setup and final practice the evening of the 18th. However if this doesn't work for you don't worry about it.
I just need to know as to who will be playing piano, you or I. I'd much rather it be you, but, like I said if it doesn't work that's ok.
Let me know.
All the best with exams!

Kat said...

I also like snow =) It's snowing right now ... for the first time this winter and I really like it!!! We usually don't have a lot of snow so I'm always very excited when it's snowing. And is stays at least 3 days or so ... =( I kinda miss the winter in canada ... I really liked it, even though it was sooooo cold, it was fun !!!