Monday, January 19, 2009
My Encouraging Evening
I just came home from a GREAT evening out! My friend and I went to a coffee place in Brandon called Forbidden Flavours. For those of you back home, it's kind of like Java Junktion, only I like it better :) It has nice leather couches to sit on and it's set up a little different, but the menu is pretty similar. Anyways, we spent about 2 hours there, and I really enjoyed my time. We got to talking about priorities in life, and she really encouraged me in a few things in my life. I need to change some things and straighten out my priorities. One thing I am changing is that I am not going to go on Facebook for a while. I'm not sure how long, but I am always very distracted when I go on Facebook and I spend so much time on it and I always am sorry how much time I've spent on it when I finally sign off. So I'm doing this as a trial. I've left my status saying that if people want to get a hold of me, they can email me. I don't think Facebook is necessary. Anyways, that's my first of a few changes that need to be made in my life. I was so inspired this evening and just completely encouraged. Wow. I love this feeling!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow... i'm impressed. tell me about your priority changes some time. maybe i need to incorporate a few into my life! (oh right... i bet you'll do that as soon as i call you!)
Hey Lori, I've been to that same coffee shop in Brandon too! They've got great coffee. And I agree with you on the Facebook thing. I completely went off "coldturkey" a few months ago, and it felt great. I have no desire to get back on, I even got rid of my blog the other day too, however I still like to check out other's blogs!
BTW, our "group" is up tomorrow morning, I guess you wouldn't happen to be around to play the piano?
Post a Comment